Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fell Off the Bed!

No I didn't quit racing and use a weird phrase to describe it. Aaron, my son, fell off the bed this morning while my wife was getting ready for work. I got a call and she sounded a little upset and told me about it. I got a little upset, but not at her or anything, but upset that he might have been hurt. Since I decided to make a run at this cycling thing it has been among my top priorities, and it still is. Having a son has obviously changed the way I train as well as many other aspects of my life. When some people have children they seem to detract themselves from their riding/racing, which is absolutely fine and good. I choose to sit on my trainer for a two hour ride instead of go out so I can watch Aaron while my wife works around the house. He usually just stares at me for 5 minutes at a time and then goes back to playing in his activity center thing. You'd be amazed at how motivating it is to push harder while training/racing when you know you now have a little one looking up to you. Nothing makes me prouder than being able to hold that little guy on the podium!

No comments: