Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eye Opener

Okay, this stuff is hard! I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm the shiz-nit just because I went 4-3-2 in one season. I know that's a bit of an accomplishment, but I also want to be as humble as possible about it. Support from family, riding buddies, my coach, and many other aspects of my life such as my faith and what-not has gotten me to where I am. I know that I'm the one that gets on my bike day in and day out, riding 15-17 hours some weeks. I'm the one that rides my trainer 3-4 days a week because I have a son that I need to hang at the house with while my wife does stuff around the house. Still, having a solid support structure around you is the most important thing in ones life aside from faith. If the people you have around you are trash, then that's what you may become. All the riding buddies and friends I have surrounded myself with are definitely stand-up guys who care about their families greatly, and have taught me much more than what I've learned from them on the bike. I'm definitely gonna need support this winter and next season. I've got a lot of work to do, which was made very evident this weekend by the proverbial kick in the crotch I got in the two races I did. Time to Train!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emilio not ever forget you Dustin. I glad that we are friends than brothers like family. I must go now my family is wanting to go to the movie show. I still think you are Commander America like in the short books I read. You will be a chmapion to many fights, I think this!

Emilio-