Friday, December 21, 2007

Recovery...AHHHH!

Last night was a recovery night, and with good reason! I've been riding so much lately that it seems my legs have begun to slowly become accustomed to the punishment. It's not until I ride a recovery ride that I realize how tired I actually am. These rides are an hour long at a 140-150 watt pace. Last night was no different, and felt great! Tonight I'm hitting up some intervals to get ready for my NGWCL ride tomorrow!
On another note, me losing down to 162 was definitely mostly water weight, as I weighed 166 this morning. Seems like a decent place to try and stay for a 6'2" racer to me for now. Hopefully I can keep it there thru next season! I think this past season I raced most the year at 183 lbs., with a lactate threshold of about 300 watts. I'm already at a lactate of 290 this winter, and weigh 166 lbs. This means my power/weight ratio has improved from 1.64 watts per pound this past season to 1.74 watts per pound this winter so far!

No comments: