Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good Weekend!

The weekend started off good with a trip to Union City yesterday. I competed in the Georgia Games Pro 1/2/3 Road Race on Saturday. The race was a 64ish mile one with a bunch of larger rollers on a four lane "highway" near Atlanta. I felt pretty good, even though the temperatures were hovering around 100 degrees. I attacked 10 minutes into the race just to kind of feel out the pack, and they let me and three other guys go. Little by little, we added a guy here and there until we were up to a total of 8 in a break that would stay away for the majority of the race. The heat got to me after about 30 miles off the front with the break and I cramped like a champ. I cramped so bad I almost got immediately dropped by the peloton when they caught me. I lasted for maybe a total of 10 minutes after the pack caught me until the cramps got really bad and I dropped altogether. Even though I got dropped, I felt good about putting my neck out and definitely got a very good workout for the day.

The race today was a wet one. This was the Georgia Games Pro 1/2/3 Crit. There really isn't much to say about this one except it was pretty fast. I ended up getting 13th overall and 5th for the 3's. Overall I had a good weekend, and the other guys on the team did well too! Reilly got 3rd in the crit and Star got 3rd in the RR! Good job guys!

No comments: