Monday, July 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

So Thursday night I did the local “Race of Truth” time trial to pit myself up against, well, myself with a comparison of last tt’s time to this one. Going out I definitely could feel the fatigue from the previous weekend along with the soreness from not being in the saddle a couple of days. Whereas my average power was 335 watts the last time we did the tt, my average this time was around 280, which is obviously much worse. My time went from a personal best of 22:48 last time to 23:48 this time. It seems bad, but the later is still better than my best last year, which feels good. The rest of the weekend consisted of some endurance rides with a few intervals mixed in to get the legs cooking again. This week I’m still on semi-recovery with no really hard efforts minus a little Tuesday and a little Thursday. This upcoming weekend is the Georgia Games races, which is are two “road” races. These consist of a crit and a road race, and are usually pretty fun to do. I definitely don’t expect to be in any kind of form for these, but hopefully won’t get dropped from either, as I should be semi-back-to-normal leg wise. The posts have gotten less and less lately I guess due to the normal “burn-out” part of the season. I love riding and racing, and have in no way gotten tired of them, but I am tired and honestly am a little burnt out on doing the blog, which is why I am down to 1-2 posts a week. It may pick back up towards the end of July, as I have a race every weekend from the last weekend in July for 3-4 weekends straight.

No comments: