Friday, July 11, 2008

TTT

For the sake of stupid acronyms, TTT here stands for "Trainer Time Trial". As I was scheduled to do a time trial yesterday, but obviously couldn't with the wonderful downpours we've had this week in northeast Georgia, I hit the trainer for my first ever time trial-like effort on my trainer. I paced myself badly, averaging 345-350 for the first few minutes, and kind of cooked myself for a minute. I think I had the mindset that I'm back in full form, which I'm definitely not quite yet. When the clock hit 20 minutes, I ended up with a bit left in the tank, but was still pretty trashed. I averaged 315 with a normalized of 316. Nothing impressive, but still loads better than last Thursday's 280ish watt average on the TT. My average heart rate during this was around 174-175 for those of you who don't train with power. This weekend is the Georgia Games, which are a couple of races (road and crit) for no payout, but some nice medals for the top 3. Unfortunately my road race 3 field is being combined with the pro/1/2 field due to lack of participants, but it should still be a good race. The crit is still a 3 only field and should be a good one as well. I'll update with results after the weekend is over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get ur dun! See you tomorrow, dude.

Later,
Eddie