Monday, April 7, 2008

My First Cat 3 Weekend

Sounds like the title to a classic children's book. I started the morning in a nice, steady rain. I don't think the rain let up at all for the entire duration of my run out and back. On the way out my chain kept jumping either due to poor adjustment, or to the fact that it was soaking wet. I also went a little too hard in the wrong places, but still felt pretty decent overall. I came out of the TT sitting in 13th place overall. The road race was no different from the TT in that it rained for the full 2.5 hours we were on the road. It was my job to protect my teammate in this race, and I did my best. I ended up getting dropped the final time up the climb near the end of the lap, but Andy, my teammate, did his job and finished with the pack. The criterium was probably the most interesting part of the weekend. It was beautiful and warm for the race, and it was pretty fast. We averaged 27 mph for the 46 minutes that we were on the course. I didn't start out the best and got pushed to the back, but was able to move up near the end for 13th, while Andy got 11th. On a side note for the rest of my team. Stan White tore up the TT and got a very respectable 16th I believe as Eddie Hsu got 17th right behind him. Star finished well in the road race. The entire team worked well in the crit, with Reilly bringing home 5th in the 35 under crit. This next weekend I'll be in Greenville on Saturday at the good ole' Donaldson Center. If I get lucky and do well enough to place up top, I'll come back Sunday, but only if I get payout (yeah right). Till next time!

No comments: