Friday, April 11, 2008

Time Trial Week

So my SRM finally came, and it’s definitely a bit more complicated than I had originally thought it would be. The system itself isn’t all that hard to figure out. The installation is what is killing me, making me want to beat my time trial bike into submission because the power sensor had no place to mount. I ended up rigging a nice mixture of cateye fork space, electrical tape, and left-over continental tubular tire glue to get it to sit where I wanted. I’m 80% sure the road bike will be a breeze now, as It took me about 3 hours just to get the time trial bike right, and I know much more about mounting the power sensor now.

For the ride yesterday I felt it quite stupid, but also quite proper, that my first ride on the time trial bike with the SRM should be with the disc. It was just a recovery day for me, so I figured there wouldn’t be anything going on to damage the disc. It’s amazing how much faster the disc is. This week has kinda been “ride the time trial bike” week for me as I’ve been on it every day but Tuesday and today. Wednesday I did some 20 minute intervals at about 80% of my normal time trial pace, and was only about 45 seconds off my best split time from last season. This was with only the time trial bike and skinsuit, as I left my tt helmet and disc at home. I think this season I should definitely be able to break the 24 minute mark in the time trial series. My best time last year was 24 flat.

No comments: