Saturday, April 12, 2008

Which breaks the monotany of which?

Interesting question, I guess. So at this time of year, does the trainer get you inside away from the rednecks and "hey you fag" guys on the road, or does the road get you off the trainer? I thought when this time of year came I'd be all about me some road riding and getting outside, but now with the baby here, it seems that spending time with Hope has required I sometimes just hit the trainer at night. Last night I didn't finish riding until 10:30pm, and I have a two hour ride to do tonight that needs to wait until Hope and I go out on our first "post baby" date. Tomorrow I'm 99% sure I'm good to go for an outside ride, but that brings me to another issue I've encountered this season. I can't find anyone to ride with any more! I occasionally find someone willing to tag on my wheel for a couple hours, but most of the time no one wants to ride with someone who will be doing intervals at some point or another. I guess it's just part of the territory that goes along with trying to stick to a training plan. If anything, it makes me appreciate those group rides more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got to hate those REDNECKS!!!! Those jealous idiots who are always smoking their cigs and yelling some ridiculous comment which only further displays their stupidity and self inflicted frustrations. And what about those damn barking and biting dogs/mutts? I don't know if I should carry a 12 gauge or a .40 cal. Packing the heat is certainly the way to do it here in Alabama! The Alabama road is certainly a dangerous enviroment!!!!