Wednesday, April 9, 2008

They're Just Too Hard!

That’s exactly what it is. Matt, in all his wisdom, tells me to stop doing these “Stupid Race Rides” we have on Tuesday nights. He doesn’t call them stupid because of the company I keep in said rides, because in my opinion, some of Northeast Georgias greatest guys to ride with show up. He calls them stupid because of the work involved in said rides. After a weekend of racing where crits and road races tear your legs off, we have these “friendly little “Terrible Tuesday Throwdown” rides that are basically a “What then!” ride to see who the last man standing is. In an effort to let me continue doing these rides, Matt told me to hang on to the group not doing work, and I still average 245 watts for the ride! If at any time were NOT doing hard rides during the week were important, this is it. I’m kind of at that crucial point of the season where overtraining could easily happen if I’m not careful. Mind you I will soon be competing in the bi-weekly Habersham Bicycles Time Trial Series where I’ll be going all out for around 24 minutes, I still think these Tuesday rides should be more calm. Now if I could only convince the other 30 or so guys that show up…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a typical bunch of bike racers, always in a pissing match with each other! LOL! So your actually being told to be a wheelsucker, that sounds like fun, I bet your group will give you hell on that one!

Fried Apple News said...

nah....i'm being told to quit when the attacks start...ride in w/ the "b" group and suck their wheels...no biggie tho, as the b group could all be a's, but choose to take it easy!