Monday, March 31, 2008

My test, and my weekend.

First, the test. I had a great test, averaging 331 watts for 20 minutes, which was 53 watts higher than last time. This brings my FTP to 315, which is 45 watts higher than last time. There isn't much more to say about it than that. Getting a coach has really paid off with my wattage jumping that much in only 4.5 months! With my recent move to Category 3, I'm hoping my increase in performance will help me be an asset to Andy, our pimp mack daddy in the saddle.
Second, we have my weekend. We went to the Gainesville Georgia Cup RR course and rode a lap. The weather looked a bit shabby, so we just turned around and rode about 5.5 miles back to the bottom of the "big climb" of the race and did that again. When we got to the top of the climb, the bottom fell out and all of us got soaked. I feel pretty confident with my climbing after our ride, and think I'll do decent in the race. All I have to do is kick up the pace and work for Andy anyways, so I definitely won't get disappointed if I don't do well for myself!

No comments: